Birkenstock sandals are a retro summer essential and one of the world's most famous names in men's sandals. Since the launch of the first Birkenstock Sandal - the Madrid - in the 1960s, Birkenstock has been associated with Beatniks, Hippies and the 1960s counter culture. Birkenstock sandals signature styles include:
- Arizona - a 2 strap classic sandal with double buckle fasten
- Madrid - the single strap, buckle fasten sandal which made Birkenstock's name back in the 60s
- Gizeh - a retro toe grip sandal in a minimalist, single strap design
- Milano - the most stable Birkenstock sandal which offers maximum grip with 2 strap buckle fasten and a wide back strap.
- Ramses - retro 60s style toe-grip sandals with a wider ankle and front strap
Famously worn by Paul McCartney in the late sixties (and beyond!), the Birkenstock footwear company was established in Germany in 1774, but it was only in 1963 that Birkenstock launched their first pair of sandals. All Birkenstock sandals feature the trademark Birkenstock footbeds, anatomically shaped to match the contours of your feet and provide arch support, keeping your feet healthy and happy. Men’s Birkenstock sandals come in a range of materials and colours, you can choose from classic black, brown and navy as well as stunning seasonal shades.
For summer Birkenstock have launched an EVA version of all their most popular sandals styles, including Arizona and Gizeh. Available in bright, fresh and classic colours, the Birkenstock EVA sandals are ideal for holidays, beach trips, lounging poolside (and more or less anything else you'd like to do!) They're ultra lightweight, waterproof, durable and washable, making them the ideal holiday footwear choice.
We also stock Birkenstock Sandals for women.