You currently have no items in your bag
Babyastro MATHMOS Retro 60s Lava Lamp - Violet/Red
Out of Stock!
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable - but
sign up below and we will email you if it comes back into stock.
Babyastro, the mini version of the original Astro Lava Lamp by Mathmos in violet with red lava. Babyastro, although smaller, is still an original. It came out in 1964, a year behind the big Astro lava lamp. Made in England to this day, this fantastic retro 60s lava lamp is made by British craftsmen in Poole, Dorset (home of the original Mathmos company when they started in 1963). Featuring top quality spun aluminium base and cap, which is hand polished to a high shine, a Yorkshire made high quality branded glass bottle and Mathmos unique lava formula.
The Astro was the first lava lamp designed by the inventor of lava lamps and the founder of Mathmos, Edward Craven Walker in 1963. The first Astro Lava Lamp was developed from a design for an egg timer using two liquids, spotted by Craven Walker in a Dorset pub. Craven Walker spent years developing this into a light for manufacture initially using cocktail and orange squash bottles and founded the Mathmos company - taking its name from the cult 1960s French Sci Fi comic strip Barbarella. The Mathmos is the bubble liquid force under the city. The lava lamp became a cultural icon in the 60s and 70s - no home was complete without one!
Please note: Due to the materials used in the lava lamp and the lava lamp liquid, it is not possible for us to ship this item outside the UK.
Caution: Not suitable for children under 14 years old. Position out of the reach of children younger than 14.
- Mathmos Babyastro lava lamp in violet with red lava - a mini version of the Astro lava lamp.
- Made in England, by the inventor of the lava lamp, Mathmos.
- Top quality spun aluminium silver base and cap hand polished to a high shine.
- Mathmos branded glass bottle, manufactured by a precision glass factory in Yorkshire.
- Mathmos lava formula.
- 35W Halogen reflector bulb (used primarily as a heat source).
- Bespoke halogen bulbs which are long lasting and high quality specifically for use with Mathmos lava lamps. They direct heat and light into the lava and away from the base. (Please note, the bulb are only suitable for use in the lava lamp, not suitable for other lamps or lights).
- UK plug.
- Caution: NOT suitable for children under 14 years of age. Position out of the reach of children younger than 14.
- Colour: Violet/Red.
- SKU: BABY ASTRO VIOLET/RED BABYYRUK
Read our Mathmos Lava Lamp user guide here
Product ID: 28276
UK Standard: 2 - 4 working days – £3.50 or FREE* if you spend over £75.00
UK Express: 1 working day (Monday - Friday) to most UK addresses - £4.95. Order before 3pm Monday - Thursday for Next Day Delivery.
UK Saturday/Sunday delivery: Order by 3pm on Friday for delivery on Saturday/Sunday - £12.00 (Select from Saturday or Sunday Delivery at the checkout. Sunday Delivery is only available to selected postcodes).
EU Delivery - from £10.00 depending on weight of the order or FREE* if you spend over £150.00
Delivery typically between 3 - 20 working days depending on destination.
Non-EU Delivery - from £10.00 depending on weight of the order or FREE* if you spend over £250.00
Delivery typically between 7 - 25 working days depending on destination.
More info on International and UK delivery times
* Terms and conditions apply
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the items to us in their original condition and packaging within 30 days of receipt and we will issue a full refund (excluding original delivery charge), or exchange the item for a different size / colour, if preferred. You are responsible for returning items to us.
Items marked with a + symbol in the title cannot be returned.
Please click here for our full returns policy.
Not got an account? Sign Me Up!
Please login below to add this product to your wishlist.
GPO Retro Vinyl Case | 60s Mod LP Record Box RED
GPO RETRO 1960s Attache Case Vinyl Record Player