Gola Harrier Barber Shop Men's Retro 1970s trainers in navy and Vintage red. Inspired by the traditional red, white and blue barber pole, a trade sign that has been a common sight in the UK since Medieval times. These Gola Harrier trainers incorporate the iconic Retro silhouette (first introduced in 1968) with gum sole, contrast red wingflash and Barber Shop pole tab to the back. The suede heel turn, Gola Barbershop signature tongue in tan and a cool Retro red stitch to the top eyelet. A homage to the traditional barber shop, these Gola Harrier Trainers are a limited edition classic and a real collectors piece. Steeped in Vintage charm and in a classic Mod colour way - Gola Harrier Barber Shop Trainers are a true Retro masterpiece.
... And now for a brief history of the barbers pole: The red, white and blue barbers pole came to prominence in the late Middle Ages and references a time when barbers were expected to perform surgery, medical procedures and bloodletting on patrons. It is sometimes said that the red on a barbers pole represents arterial blood, blue is symbolic of venous blood, and the white depicts the bandage. After the formation of the United Barber Surgeon's Company in England, it was decreed that to differentiate between a barbers and a surgeons practice that a barber should display a Red/White/Blue pole outside their premises and surgeons should show a plain red pole.
- Gola Harrier Barbershop men's retro trainers in navy and vintage red.
- Classic mod colour combination.
- Navy suede toe box and heel turn.
- Tonal lace fasten.
- Contrast top eyelet.
- Tan tongue with Gola Barbershop signature.
- Barbershop pole tab to back of trainers.
- Vintage red wingflash with gold Gola signature detail.
- Gum outsole.
- Vintage red interior trim.
- Limited Edition Gola Harrier Barbershop Trainers.
- Colour: Navy/Vintage Red.
- SKU: CMA315ER Harrier Barber Shop Trainers.
Composition: Leather and suede upper, leather and textile inner, other outsole.
Product ID: 27951